Monday, February 20, 2012

Broadway Flea Market, 9.25.11

Again, it's been awhile since I have been able to write! So many things have happened since 9-3-11! So it's time to play catch up!

I was able to go to the Broadway Flea Market for the first time ever! The Broadway Flea Market is a giant day of shopping for Broadway Fans, with all proceeds going to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, the biggest charity Broadway donates to.

So what goes on at the Broadway Flea Market?

EVERYTHING! It is a Broadway Lover's Dream!(Minus the crowds!) There are raffles and auctions with prizes varying from Theatre tickets to art to even on stage experiences! There are old used makeups from famous actors, there are games, food, even autograph sessions and photo ops with Broadway actors! And everything ranges from free-?

I was VERY overwhelmed, as this was my first time and didn't know what to expect, so I kind of went crazy, but I got some decent things for what I paid, a feather boa from Priscilla Queen of the Desert, magnets, pins, sterling silver comedy-drama mask earrings, show programs and posters, t shirts and hoodies, snowglobes, cds...even theatre tickets! I also managed to get a lot of pictures of actors as they were coming and going from the photo/autograph area! All in all, I spent $71 and got over $500 worth of stuff!!!

The Flea Market raised $547,658!!!

I know I couldn't spend much, but I was happy to be a part of it, and WILL be returning next year!! But now that I know what to expect, I will be more choosy on how I spend my money!

Tip: If you can stay later, more and more stuff goes cheap or free! My snow globe would have been $75-$85 when it first came out. They were selling it for $20. I waited til the end of the day and it dropped to $10 :-D

It is a great day, FUN and not to be missed if you are a Broadway fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment