Sunday, November 25, 2012

Exploring Massachusetts! 11.17.12 Fabi, Kristin, Melisa, and I had scored tickets to Next To Normal in Concord, MA. We were excited for the show, but I think I was MORE excited for the day we had planned prior to the show! We had planned to get up there early and tour the Orchard House(Louisa May Alcott house), Sleepy Hollow Cemetery(Where all the great writers were buried) and Walden Pond. Melisa, Kristin, and I have all lived in Massachusetts our whole lives. Fabi lives in Rhode Island. Out of the four of us, only Melisa had been up here! The day was gorgeous! We got up there and got right on the tour. Our guide, Nancy, was very informative. I enjoyed hearing about the family and the influence her sisters had on Louisa May Alcott's novel, Little Women. The house was filled with gorgeous pictures and paintings, most drawn by Alcott's youngest sister, May, who was portrayed as Amy in the novel. Beth's piano was there, there were two of them. The history was amazing. All I can say is, go to Concord and take the tour. It is worthwhile, and historical!
After, we went to Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. We saw the stone of French, designer of the Lincoln Memorial and student of May Alcott. We also saw Thoreau, Emerson, Hawthorne, and Alcott's stones. It was a very nice, pretty cemetery.
Finally, we went to Walden Pond. SUCH a pretty place! I can only imagine how gorgeous it is in the summer! So peaceful and quiet! I will be coming back!
We saw Next To Normal at night. I think the show was very well done with the cast members for the most part talented. The woman playing Diana may have been having an off day, her voice wasn't the best. I am hoping if I see her again I can hear how her true voice is. The guys playing Dr Madden/Dr Fine and Henry were HOT! Good production, I will be back for more!

2 comments: