Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Museum of Science

On Saturday, August 15 Dan, his sister Natalie, and I went to the Museum of Science in Boston. We left at 6:30 am, to take a 6:53 train in. We were scheduled for a members-only scavenger hunt at 9, and this was the only train we could take to get in on time! So we got to the Museum around 8:15, and waited til 9. The scavenger hunt was pretty fun and challenging enough, even though we were all adults! They gave you an hour to basically run around the Museum and find random things! We didn't win, but we got a good portion of the 20 items! After the scavenger hunt we were free to roam around! Natalie and I went to the Butterfly Garden, which was awesome! I had three butterflies land on me, which was amazing! I got some great shots of pretty butterflies! Natalie liked it too. After, her and I went to one of my favorite rooms, the room that has the magnetic boards and the colored ball chains you can use to make pictures. We spent a lot of time there! Luckily, she liked that as much as I did! We must have spent an hour in that room! Dan went to the lightning show, he was happy because we had had to leave when we had gone previously! We also went to see 3-D Planet You, about microorganisms that live on your body. It was pretty interesting! I think we went just about everywhere. We spent a lot of time in the Science In The Park exhibit, and I had a lot of fun, I hadn't been in that exhibit and played in awhile! We went to the Black Hole Exhibit, and the Critter Cam(they are temporary exhibits) and we saw the Tamarin Monkeys, and next door there was a baby chick just about hatching, so we watched the chick until it hatched. That was really awesome!
After the Museum, we hopped the subway to McGreevy's Bar. Dan went in and ate the Beckett Burger, a 1.9 lb burger with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and pickle. It was the size of a large pizza! Natalie couldn't go in because she wasn't 21, so I stayed with her, we ended up at the Prudential Center, and we had food court.(I love their Bourbon chicken!) We went and got Dan after he was done, and we walked around Pru and Copley (everything was closed, but it was still nice to window shop!) We hopped the 11:15 train back home. It was a long day, but a fun day! (Pictures are posted on my Photobucket)

No comments:

Post a Comment