Monday, May 30, 2011

12.18.10 Elf in NYC

So Kristin and I went to see Elf the Musical today! It was really cute, very close to the movie! I will save everyone the synopsis, as I am fairly positive everyone knows the storyline of Buddy the Elf! Before we saw Buddy, we went to Macy's and did various Christmas related things, such as the Enchanted Village, a Visit to Santa, A stop by Rockefeller for the Christmas tree, and to view the skaters.







Then it was time for the show! We went to a 3:00 matinee(Weird time for a Saturday show but it worked!)

Cast:
Santa-George Wendt
Mrs. Claus-Nancy Johnston
Buddy-Sebastian Arcelus
Charlie-Noah Weisberg
Shawanda-Asmeret Ghebremichael
Walter Hobbs-Mark Jacoby
Sam-Noah Weisburg
Matthews-Matt Loehr
Chadwick-Blake Hammond
Emily-Beth Leavel
Michael-Matthew Gumley
Deb-Valerie Wright
Macy's Manager-Michael Mandell
Jovie-Amy Spanger
Fake Santa-Timonthy J Alex
Policemen-Lee Wilkins, Noah Weisberg
Mr Greenway-Michael McCormick
Charlotte Dennon-Emily Hsu

The show was really cute!!! I have only seen 3 Christmas musicals, and I would say this is tied with White Christmas! White Christmas was elegant, and beautifully done. Elf was a completely different type of show, filled with comedy and cuteness. I liked them both for different reasons! My least favorite Christmas Musical was actually the Grinch. Poorly done, and didn't keep my attention at all! Plus tickets were over priced!

We stage doored, of course! I got to meet all the main cast with the exception of George Wendt! He didn't come out! We waited an hour in the freezing cold for him and nothing! Sebastian Arcelus was adorable and sweet, and everyone else was really nice too! After that, I did a quick trip back to Rockefeller to get some shots at night! It was a nice day!





2 comments:

  1. Great day, too bad they didn't make a recording.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Maybe they will for Xmas! I will buy it!

    ReplyDelete