Monday, September 5, 2011

NYC Hair 7.16.11

Kristin and I went to see Hair today. It was PERFECT that Hair had decided to do a ten-week run at the St James Theatre this summer! I had just gotten into Hair, and was DYING to see it, so we grabbed tickets!

Quick Synopsis:
Hair is the story of a group or friends, (The Tribe) who are hippies in the 60's, and protest war and fighting and promote love. That's essentially the show, though it is much much more than that!

This show is fantastic! This was my first time seeing it(but not my last, as you will see!) There was much audience interaction, with the characters running through the aisles and playing with you hair and handing out flowers and Be-In posters, and dancing over your seats. We were in the Mezzanine for this show, and it was not nearly as fun as orchestra. I totally recommend orchestra seats for this show! One of the things I LOVE is they let you come on stage after curtain call and dance with them! It's super fun(didn't do that this time because I didn't know about it!) The whole atmosphere is very relaxed and just happy! You can't come out of this show not smiling! We did stage door for this show, but I put all the pics in my hard drive and I can't find them!

Cast:
Dionne: Phyre Hawkins
Berger: Steel Burkhardt
Woof: Matt DeAngelis
Hud: Darius Nichols
Claude: Paris Remillard
Sheila: Caryn Lyn Tackett
Jeanie: Kacie Sheik
Crissy: Kaitlin Kiyan
Mother: Allison Guinn
Dad: Tripp Fountain(This show)
Principal: Lee Zarrett
Margaret Mead: Tripp Fountain(This show)
Hubert: Lee Zarrett
Abraham Lincoln: Lulu Fall
John Wilkes Booth: Lee Zarrett
Buddhadalirama: Allison Guinn
Tribe Members: Shaleah Adkisson, Nicholas Belton, Marshal Kennedy Carolan, Mike Evariste, Lulu Fall, Nkrumah Gatling, Allison Guinn, Sara King, Josh Lamon, John Moauro, Christine Nolan, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Arbender Robinson, Cailan Rose, Jen Sese, Lee Zarrett

No comments:

Post a Comment