Monday, September 5, 2011

NYC, House of Blue Leaves 6.25.11

Today Kristin and I split up and saw two different shows, Baby It's You for her, and House of Blue Leaves, my second play, for me.

House of Blue Leaves is about a man who is married to a woman who is crazy, and he would like to leave her for the woman he has been seeing on the side. He has a son who is in the military, who we find out is MIA and is planning to blow up the Pope tonight when he comes to visit NYC(That plan gets foiled, and the son gets taken away to prison.) At the end, he doesn't end up leaving his wife, his fling ends up going off with his friend, and he finally puts his wife out of her (his?) misery by suffocating her.

I toyed a lot over what show to see. This show(Starring Ben Stiller), Chris Rock's the Motherf****r With The Hat, and Robin Williams' Bengal Tiger At The Baghdad Zoo were all plays that had the same close date. Originally, I was going to see Bengal Tiger, because I love Robin Williams, but then I read the synopsis and decided it wasn't for me. Same for Chris Rock's show, even though people promised it was hilarious, the synopsis just didn't appeal. So Blue Leaves won. I love Ben Stiller, so I was excited for it. The show was very good, it did not bore me in any way, so I made a great choice!

Cast:
Artie Shaughnessy: Ben Stiller
Ronnie Shaughnessy: Christopher Abbott
Bunny Flingus: Jennifer Jason Leigh
Bananas Shaughnessy: Edie Falco
Corrinna Stroller: Alison Pill
Head Nun: Mary Beth Hurt
Second Nun: Susan Bennett
Little Nun: Halley Feiffer
Policeman: Jimmy Davis
White Man: Tally Sessions
Billy Einhorn: Thomas Sadoski

No comments:

Post a Comment