Friday, September 3, 2010

It's Been Awhile!

So I haven't had much time to write!! I went back to school in January 2010 to take pre-reqs to hope to get into the nursing program. To be honest, I almost forgot I had a blog! But my friend Kristin just set up a blog for herself and inadvertantly reminded me I had one I had been neglecting! But anyway, a lot has been going on!

Let's start with school.

I went back to BCC, and was able to take Anatomy ad Physiology I and History from 1865 at the Attleboro Campus for the spring semester. It was a busy semester, but I managed to get A+'s in both subjects! I loved both my teachers, Susan Barrett for A&P I (she was awesome, funny and really nice and very organized in her lectures!) and Manny Vinhateiro for History. I have always loved history, but he made the subject more interesting. He taught us things HE cared about, so he was enthusiastic about the topics. He had a plethora of knowledge and tidbits that he imparted on to us, as well as lists of books and authors as suggestions to check out. I enjoyed talking to both teachers on a personal level as well.

In the summer, I took three classes in ten weeks.(Well, two were in ten weeks, the other was a 6 week accelerated.) I took Developmental Psych at 4 C's online, and Anatomy and Physiology II and Modern College Mathematics(also online) at BCC. I got a B+ in Developmental Psych and B's in A&P II and Math! My teachers were again, great. My developmental Psych teacher was Candy Schulenburg, who I had had before about 10 years earlier for child psych! She is a peach, I would take any class with her again! My A&P teacher was George Moniz, he was a really nice guy, pretty funny and really knew his stuff! He didn't mind answering any question we threw at him, and he always responded with interesting little things we didn't know! I loved hearing his stories about his experiences! My math teacher was Susan McCourt, and since it was an online class, I didn't get to know her on a personal level, but she was nice, had the online course set up nicely and very easy to use. She had a calming tone and explained things well in her videos.

Now I am about to begin micro biology in the fall. I am looking forward to getting three of the hardest courses done before the year is done! I am proud of all I have accomplished, and I am looking to apply to the nursing program at about 5 schools, hoping to get in for the fall 2011 semester.

So what else have I been doing while I haven't been at school? I have been going to NYC for shows and Fenway for Sox games, and to the Cape! I have seen 6 shows on Broadway so far this year, with plans to see 5 more! I have seen Addams Family, Next to Normal, In The Heights, La cage Aux Folles, Promises, Promises, and Rock of Ages. Coming up at the end of September is American Idiot. I have been to Fenway 5 times so far, 4 times for games, one time for Aerosmith, I have one more game this year! My first game was Opening Day, with front-row Monster Seats! I was spoiled! I have also seen the Boston Pops three times, Idina Menzel was the guest performer for two of the shows, with Rachael Ray as the guest conductor for one of them! The other show was the 4th of July at the Esplanade! It was a fun experience, but probably one that I won't do again as there were so many people! I have been to Martha's Vineyard and Provincetown also. I will write more detailed blogs about my adventures individually so it doesn't go on and on!

So now everyone is caught up with what has been going on! Hope you look forward to my show reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment