Saturday, September 4, 2010

Next To Normal

Kristin and I saw Next To Normal on April 30, 2010. I LOVE this show! The story line, the music, the acting, the choreography--all amazing! This show is one of my top ten, and I would see it over and over!!!

Synopsis:
A middle aged mother is struggling with major depression issues since her son died 17 years earlier, but she is tormented by his ghost. Her daughter is learning how to cope with the stressors that she has to deal with with school and her mom and other things in her life, and her boyfriend is helping her by teaching her to get high. Meanwhile, her father is trying to find the best way to help his family that is falling apart.

Cast: (First Billed)

Diana: Jessica Phillips(Understudy for Alice Ripley)
Dan: J. Robert Spencer
Gabe: Kyle Dean Massey
Natalie: Jennifer Damiano
Dr. Madden/Dr. Fine: Louis Hobson
Henry: Tim Young(Understudy for Adam Chanler-Berat)

Jessica Phillips: I was disappointed at first that we got the understudy, as I had been DYING to see Alice Ripley, but Jessica was awesome! Her voice was really good, and her acting superb! Plus she came out at the stage door and was really sweet! :) I look forward to seeing her in future shows!
J. Robert Spencer: I was THRILLED to see him as Dan! (And even more excited to get a pic with him after!) He was fantastic as Dan, I love his voice and his acting! And I was happy I got to see him, as he has since left the show!
Kyle Dean Massey: Excellent as Gabe! He has a great voice, and he was awesome as the son! Also enjoyed getting a pic with him too!
Jennifer Damiano: Of course she was excellent as Natalie! She has since left the show to go on to play MJ in Spiderman the Musical. She did not come out at the stage door.
Louis Hobson: HOTTIE ALERT! He was gorgeous! His voice is good, one of my favorite scenes is when is a "rockstar!" Got to meet him too, and I was excited!
Tim Young: I liked his Henry better than Adam Chanler-Berats, actually! His voice to me was clearer and stronger, and he was excellent! I did get to meet him also!

I can't sing the praises of this show enough! It is coming to PPAC for the 10-11 season and I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Did Brian Crum play Henry?

    Kyle Dean Massey was very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so haha I don't remember! I couldn't find the little papers inside!
    I liked him, whoever he was! :)

    Yeaaa KDM was very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete